Re: New spam problem

1998-02-06 04:07:29
At 06:03 PM 2/5/98 -0600, Chuck Campbell wrote:

I've been getting a fair number of emails lately with a
FROM: MAILER-DAEMON
Why is this happening?  Is it a problem w/ my ISP? or is it a new way

Yet another way for the spammers to get it into your mailbox.  You open the
message thinking that something you sent bounced.

Same theory beind conventional junkmail where they don't write a company
name on the outside of the envelope, or they have "Department of Audits" or
"Personal and Confidential" - you think something is wrong and open it.

From forklift(_at_)mail(_dot_)t-1net(_dot_)com  Thu Feb  5 04:20:11 1998

Hehe, t-1net.com is part of my spam domain list - simply because the
headers CONTAIN this domain, the message gets junkfiled.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395