Re: A (possibly) novel way of dealing with spam/UBE

1998-02-25 07:59:03

psmith(_at_)oakland(_dot_)edu wrote:

  - Bounces all other mail back, with a rejection letter attached
    explaining how to become a "recognized" source (basically resend
    the message with a special keyword in the subject).

Whenever I send email to someone in response to a plea for help in usenet
and it bounces back like this, I just delete it and don't bother helping
the person.

And yes, it does happen.  So consider it well before you decide to do
this.  A lot of people find it very annoying and won't bother with it.

Oh, and I won't be resending this to you if your procmail recipe sends it
back either! ;-)
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist
<galbraith(_at_)mixing(_dot_)qc(_dot_)dfo(_dot_)ca>