Re: ok, I give... sytax for checking external scripts return codes?

1998-06-02 22:30:10
At 20:47 -0700 02 Jun 1998, Paul Evad - Kudosnet Communications
<pevad(_at_)kudosnet(_dot_)com> wrote:
How the heck to you check the return code from a script as a recipe
condition line?

  :0 afhw # reverse mailheader and extract name
  * ? `/home/testme/checkuser.pl $FROM`
  | (formail -rA \ [rest deleted]

You need to remove the backquotes, procmail already knows that it's a
program to run from the '?'.

the checkuser.pl script will return
1
on success or an error message on error... so what do I do to check that?

It can't return "an error message".  The return code can only be a
number.  0 is considered success other's are error/failure codes.
Assuming you want the message to be filtered if your script succeeds (in
this case returns 1), you should put a '!' before the '?'.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron(_at_)schrab(_dot_)com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 Having come out of the Catholic seminary, I can say with conviction