Re: SPAM sent to 'sub'-accounts (email1(_at_)domain)

2000-11-01 03:43:29

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Hermann Wecke wrote:

I´m receiving tons of spam sent to non-existing e-mail accounts, such as
hermann1, hermann2, hermann3 (and so on). My clients are also being
targeted by the same SPAM.

Is this recipe below safe enough to run and catch these SPAMs???

:0
* ^TO:.*(1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9)
/dev/null

Your spammer just has to change to appending [a-z], and you're back where
you started. Surely there are other headers that don't change?

Btw, writing straight to /dev/null isn't a good idea unless you're
-really- sure you've got it right.

--Jeff