Re: how to cut off last part of an e-mail

2000-11-01 11:30:26
Andreas Tindlund wrote:
Problem 1:
- How can I forward only the first 100 characters of the
e-mail body to ...

    :0 bi
    | head -c 100 | $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS xxx(_at_)yyy(_dot_)zzz

Problem 2:
- Is it also possible to implement that the if the script detects many
undercores or dash'es  ( _____  / ----- ), it will cut the body from there
on? _____ or ---- usually indicates a signature file, which I am not
interested in receiving on my mobile phone.

   :0 bi
        $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS xxx(_at_)yyy(_dot_)zzz

hth
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.