Re: (blocking mail with) no subject

2000-11-11 14:47:32
Andrew thanked me (you're very welcome), but in his quote of my code I
noticed something suboptimal; I'd written,

 4. This will catch mail with an empty subject or no subject line at all, but
 a message with a subject consisting only of whitespace will slip through
 (unless the whitespace is a single space after the colon and nothing more,
 which I'm treating as equivalent to emptiness).

   :0:
   subjectisemptyormissing

Kill the plus sign there: it doesn't change the results, but it does make
the expression less efficient:

    :0:
    * ! ^Subject:.*(. |[^ ])
    subjectisemptyormissing