Re: Configuring Procmail

2000-11-13 14:22:56
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, [iso-8859-1] Joćo Paulo wrote:

i'm receiving a lot of e-mails without subject!! This is a problem
because these e-mails are attached with virus.!!

How can I block these e-mails???

I globally mark such with code such as this in /etc/procmailrc :

# look for empty headers
#
:0 fw :
* 1^0 ^Subject:([ ]$|$)
* 1^0 !^Subject:
 | formail -A "Subject: NoSubject.mail"

... you might add also add an X-header or two in the process, for
later post-processing (i.e., anything with the X-header
 "X-VirusSuspect" could be routed to a hold file):

# look for empty headers
#
:0 fw :
* 1^0 ^Subject:([ ]$|$)
* 1^0 !^Subject:
 | formail -A "Subject: NoSubject.mail"  \
        -A "X-NoSubject" \
        -A "X-VirusSuspect"

This gives you the change to add the same X-header later in the
recipe, and then dispose of all so marked with one piece of
code.  (I added 'Melissa' and 'I-Love-You'detection procmailrc
code, back when those were in wider circulation.)

-- Russ