Re: Using Procmail and Fetchmail to distribute incoming mail to local users

2000-11-15 08:54:56
From: Eugene Geldenhuys <eugeneg(_at_)tfx(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>

# Procmail recipe file to sort incoming mail to individual mailboxes
#
:0:
* ^TO_\/(.*)@
* MATCH ?? ()\/[^(_at_)]+
$MATCH

As you can see the intention is to redirect mail to user's local
mailboxes - it works, but does not filter some leading and trailing
characters attached to the recipient name such as " ' ` < > ( ).
I tried a few filters, but to no avail.

I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet, so pardon me if I talk
out of the top of my hat.  But this (untested, of course) seems
like it will either work or be close as the match condition line:

Are you really getting backticks in there too?  That seems
wrong to me, but - my coffemaker just buzzed at me.  Cya.

--
dman