Re: Whitespace regex

2000-11-18 16:06:33
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Dallman Ross wrote:

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:47:40 -0500 (EST)
From: Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com>
To: jhardin(_at_)wolfenet(_dot_)com
Cc: dman+noacks(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com,
Subject: Re: Whitespace regex

From: "John D. Hardin" <jhardin(_at_)wolfenet(_dot_)com>

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, D E Hammond wrote:
There is no special egrep or perl like expression

Is "\s" on the wishlist?

Just use a space to represent a space, John.  Works for me.

space != whitespace

If space would suffice, then logically this discussion would not
be taking place.  I would like to see a regex for whitespace akin
to perl or other extended regex parsers.  \s is fine, or
[:space:], or anything that does the job.

      Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Open source advocate
          This message is copyright 2000, all rights reserved.
  Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.

[Mike A. Harris Linux tip #1 - 50 line mode]
Is the 80x25 line screen too small for you?  If you want more screen real
estate, you can set 50 column mode by editing your /etc/lilo.conf file, and
adding a new line with "vga=ext" to the global section near the top.  Save
and exit, then run "lilo".  Next time you boot, you'll have a nice big 80x50
screen.