New to procmail, i need some help!

2000-11-20 12:46:07

Hi,

I'm looking for solutions and i think procmail can help me. Here's my
history:

I have a running sendmail server on a linux box with RedHat Linux 6.2. I
configured the mail server with the instructions i got from linuxconf
help. My server supports ip based virtual domains, that meas i have
several IP's in the server and each ona manages a virtual email domain.

The way RH (or it is linuxconf?) manages virtual domains is a mystery to
me. I have read that it uses aliases to map virtual users to real users
but i think this is not the way it does it. In my server i got this
structure:

            /etc/vmail/*                                     here are
files named passwd.domain.com y shadow.domain.com
            /vhome/domain.com/home/users      here are the $HOMEs of the
virtual users
            /var/spool/vmail/domail/*                 here ara the
mailbox files for each user of each virtual domain

As i mantioned the server has several IP's, each one correspond to each
virtual domain. In the inetd.conf file i replaced the pop entry with
vpop3d, i don't even know what this vpop3d is, or to what package it
belongs. Any information about vpop3d is welcome, thing like how to
configure it would be handy.

How can i configure this scheme to  work with procmail???  i have
followed the newbi tutorials but i guess the tutorials only works on
system users, i mean users with an entry in the /etc/passwd and
/etc/shadow and not with virtual ones. Or its possible that procmail can
find users in files other than /etc like /etc/vmail/passwd.domain.com???

Another thing im planning is to migrate from mailboxes to Maildirs, any
tutorial on how to do this??? any comments. Please contact me if there
is hope, and if im telling nosense advice me.

Thanks a lot

Horacio Sanson
Grupo de Comunicaciones
Cable Onda