Re: Mailbox locking problem

2000-11-27 00:34:08
Hello Philip,

Actually I coud n't figure out what is causing the problem ....my problem is
suppose a pop user is downloading his mails from the server through Dialup
line,now if the connection broke suddenly on the way of his downloading
mails ,again after reconnect if he tries again receiving an error message :

"-Error could not get locked Mailbox is in use "

he has to wait even for a substantially long period of time then he could
able to doanload his mails again.

Would appreciate any assistance on this.

Thanks

Jayanta
----- Original Message -----
From: Philip Guenther <guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu>
To: Jayanta <jayanta(_at_)vedika(_dot_)com>
Cc: <procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 3:01 AM
Subject: Re: Mailbox locking problem

"Jayanta" <jayanta(_at_)vedika(_dot_)com> writes:
I am facing the above mentioned problem very frequently.I am using
Redhat6.1
with Sendmail 8.9.3 & Procmail as local delivery agent.Some of the users
are
facing this locking problem of
their mailbox very often & it took substantially long time to get this
unlocked.Either I have to restart Sendmail or even have to restart the
server.

"Mailbox locking problem" is not a procmail error message.  Could you
describe exactly what is happening?  Are messages bouncing and the
bounce message contain some text that describes locking problems?  If
so, what exactly is that text?

Philip Guenther