Re: using procmail for LUSER_RELAY in sendmail

2000-11-29 18:25:03
Dennis Nichols wrote:
How do I call procmail from send mail under the condition of an unknown
local user *and* get the 2 arguments passed?

The sendmail book would have me believe that I should add the following to
my sendmail.mc

      define(`LUSER_RELAY',`agent:host')

OK, please anybody, exactly what do I provide for agent:host to get
procmail to run with the expected arguments.

Do you have a procmail mailer in your sendmail.cf file?  (iow do you
have a

        MAILER(`procmail')dnl

line in your foo.mc file?  If not, you need to add it I guess.
Then, do this:

        define(`LUSER_RELAY',`procmail:/etc/procmailrcs/some.rc')

and rebuild foo.cf .  Once you've done that, then this is what
happens to unknown users:

    $ /usr/sbin/sendmail -bt -Cfoo.cf
    ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
    Enter <ruleset> <address>
    > 5 foobar
    rewrite: ruleset   5   input: foobar
    rewrite: ruleset  95   input: < procmail : / etc / procmailrcs / some . rc
foobar < @ / etc / procmailrcs / some . rc >
    rewrite: ruleset  95 returns: $# procmail $@ / etc / procmailrcs / some .
rc $: foobar < @ / etc / procmailrcs / some . rc >
    rewrite: ruleset   5 returns: $# procmail $@ / etc / procmailrcs / some .
rc $: foobar < @ / etc / procmailrcs / some . rc >

whereas a known user will be handled like this:

    > 5 root
    rewrite: ruleset   5   input: root
    rewrite: ruleset   5 returns: root

Well, that might provide a starting point but I haven't tested it...
You may have $f rather than $g in your mailer definition (look at your
procmail manpage and p.593 of the "bat book" (2/e) and decide whether
you need to change $f to $g in there, etc.

hth,
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.