Re: Recipe for Blocking VBS Files with Procmail

2000-11-30 13:35:24
Your message was snagged by my email worm filter, which I have
available from <URL:http://people.oven.com/bet/mailfilt/>. I've been
meaning to try and rewrite it as a procmail filter, although I may
switch goals, as I'm shifting to maildrop (using it with
Courier-IMAP, as they have a harmonious agreement on a virtual user
database /etc/userdb).

I dunno how to translate my mailfilt patterns, which are processed
by PCRE and then later by perl, into procmail regexps, but it
shouldn't be too hard I shouldn't think. The pattern file is
currently:

        ^Content-(?:Type|Disposition):
(?:.|\n\s)*(?:file)?name=("?)[^"]+\.(?:hta|js|jse|shs|vbe|vbs|wsf|wsh)\1
        ^begin \d+ \S+\.(?:hta|js|jse|shs|vbe|vbs|wsf|wsh)$
        ^Content-(?:Type|Disposition):
(?:.|\n\s)*(?:file)?name=("?)winmail.dat\1
        ^begin \d+ winmail.dat$
        For i = 1 To Len\(Application\.UserAddress\)

without the leading tabs --- and the winmail.dat pattern doesn't
seem to be working, although I'm not sure why. But the first line in
that definitely picked off your email that I'm replying to now.

The backend processer, my tailbiter daemon, makes the messages
available to the recipients by quoting them in their entirety,
headers and all, with "> ", and pasting on a new header; so I was
easily able to recover the real message you sent. I like this
strategy, and my users haven't complained yet.

-Bennett