[Fwd: reagarding procmail help]

2001-04-11 23:41:03

Weiterleitung an procmail-Liste.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Josef Koenig

  Josef König
  Gruppe Netzdienste
         Rechen- und Kommunikationszentrum
         RWTH Aachen
  mailto:koenig(_at_)rz(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
  Tel:   0241-804380
  Fax:   0241-8888-134
..__________________________________________________
--- Begin Message ---

I am using qmail as my MTA on my MAILSERVER HOSTNAMED
ABC.XYZ.ORG USING A LEASED LINE INTERNET CONNECTION
Also i have configured fetchmail to receive mails from
my username(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com pop account.When i use fetchmail
by issuing a command like fetchmail -a -v --keep & in
my fetchmailrc if i give ******* is username here
while tell fetchmail to download my mails from
username(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com mails appears in
/home/username/Maildir but if i use root instead of
username mail comes in to qmail queue but nor forward
to /root/Maildir . Qmail tries to deliver to
local root(_at_)abc(_dot_)xyz(_dot_)org but says
deferal_unable_to_chdir.

I have even tried from the client using outlook
express to deliver the local mail to root but same
thing happens with that also , even though the mails
to other users are getting delivered locally if i use
outlook expess & the address username(_at_)abc(_dot_)xyz(_dot_)org but
wont go to root(_at_)abc(_dot_)xyz(_dot_)org(_dot_)

Problem is specifically with root.

I have installed procmail version 3.14 but invain.
Kindly help me as i am newbie to LINUX & MAILING WITH
LINUX.

REGARDS
MUKESH SETHI