Re: wrong return-path in mails redistributed from procmail

2001-08-01 09:32:39
* Andreas Deininger <deining(_at_)wiz(_dot_)uni-kassel(_dot_)de> [010801 09:08]:
Hi,

I'm using fetchmail to get my mail from our Mailserver to the local
machine I'm working on. I'm using procmail als MDA on this local machine,
and I defined some filtering rules to get some mails redistributed to
other people. This works fine, but the redistributed mails have the
not the correct
address, so replying to these messages might lead to undeliverable mails.
(See the mail below as an example!) How can I correct this?
My idea was to instruct procmail to use some other mailer which can be
configured, but I don't know how to do this. Maybe there's an even easier
way?

Thanks for any hint!

This is just a guess; I don't know anything about the Return-Path
header or how it is generated.  Use formail to override it in your
.procmailrc file.

:0fhw

--
- Matt Dunford <> zoot(_at_)zotikos(_dot_)com ..
-. www.zotikos.com -- o,;-

Professor: Doomsday device? Ah, now the ball's in Farnsworth's
court. I suppose I could part with one and still be feared.
  -- Futurama