RE: Bouncing MS Word documents (was no subject)

2001-08-02 22:49:44

I wrote a recipe to bounce email that contains MS-Word documents. I get
lots of these from well-meaning folks that assume I can read them because
they don't know any better.

This won't help non-Windows users, but folks with access to Windows (but not
Word) can still read Word documents by d/l'ing the free reader at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q165/9/08.ASP

There are Unix solutions at:
http://www.unixguide.net/sun/manager/10.3.shtml especially "word2x" at
http://word2x.alcom.co.uk/

Yes, ideally folks would not send you MSWord files, but there isn't a
standard yet for file exchange, and just in case you get that new job offer
in MSWord format, or have to deal with non-clueful folks.

TjL