Re: Spam filtering regexp question

2001-08-10 19:08:28
At 12:20 2001-08-10 -0500, John Heyer wrote:
* $^Subject: *${SPAM}

Is there some variable I can use to say which keyword matched?

You have what is probably an incorrect syntax on your line (it'll match only some number of SPACES, and then expect your text to match at the beginning of the subject only). Try:

$MATCH should contain the subject STARTING at the matched keyword, but will still report the rest of the subject line.

I use a different technique, but it involves running an external app I wrote. That reports JUST the element which matched though.