Re: using formail and sed to remove subject cruft

2001-08-12 21:28:51
"David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)ripco(_dot_)com> writes:
Doug Porter wrote,

|     SUBJECT=`echo $SUBJECT | sed -e 's/\['$LIST'\][ ]*//i'`

I'm too sleepy to absorb the whole thing, but isn't /i for a
case-insensitive match a perlism?  As far as I know, no version of sed
honors it.  Also, I don't know what was supposed to be between the second

GNU-sed honors it.  To quote the GNU-sed info page:

`/REGEXP/I'
`\%REGEXP%I'
     The `I' modifier to regular-expression matching is a GNU extension
     which causes the REGEXP to be matched in a case-insensitive manner.

Philip Guenther