Getting started.

2001-08-15 05:29:24
I am new to Procmail. Dallman Ross recommended I sign up for this list
(blame him).
I want to create a procmail.rc in my /etc/ in order to kill emails
containing viruses and spam. I have read on how to setup
procmail.rc on a user level. How do I set it up for the whole system?
Example:

# Set to yes when debugging
VERBOSE=no

RBOSE=on                      # "on" for more log info than you can stand
SHELL=/bin/sh                   # be smart - use only sh here!
SENDMAIL=/usr/lib/sendmail
INCLUDERC="$HOME/.acks/.incrc"  # set yours as needed.  Mine sets
                                # $DATE=yymmdd as clarified below
LOGFILE=$HOME/.plogs/$DATE      # logs > 7 days to get purged by cron!
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail              # set active maildrop directory
ORGMAIL=/var/spool/mail/jharvey   # fall-through maildrop
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

As you see, jharvey (my user name), is there. What would I put there if I
wanted to run procmail on all email coming in? Thanks.

Jody 'JoLinux'Harvey
?Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre
minds!?

                                                                -Albert Einstein