Re: Help matching the value of a variable

2001-10-04 08:34:26
* Louis LeBlanc
<leblanc+procmail(_at_)acadia(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net> [20011004
18:15]: writing on the subject 'Re: Help matching the value of a variable'
| On 10/04/01 03:59 PM, Odhiambo Washington sat at the `puter and typed:
| > . . .
| > I know procmail knows something about $LOGNAME but I am not sure what the
EXTENSION is.

| I have sendmail call procmail with the folder value in $2, which
| procmail calls EXTENSION.  I could just as easily called them USER and
| FOLDER, but when the examples were given to me, that is how it was
| being done.  procmail calls cyrus deliver with the LOGNAME and
| EXTENSION and dumps the message into the correct folder.
|
| For instance, when you sent this message, you sent it to
| leblanc+procmail(_at_)acadia(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net, but there is
no user
| 'leblanc+procmail' on my system, just leblanc, and that user has a
| subfolder called procmail.  Sendmail calls procmail with LOGNAME and
| EXTENSION as $1 and $2 respectively, procmail filters (no sorting
| needed there - procmail is a filter, not a sorter :) the messages and
| calls deliver with the LOGNAME and EXTENSION, and deliver drops it
| into user '$LOGNAME's mailbox, into folder '$EXTENSION'.
|
| Easy as sleeping.

Yes ;)
That's quite clear.
Hmm, here I use no LDA. Just straight Exim and the box has a few users with
shell access and thousands without.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

My notion of a wife at forty is that a man should be able to change her, like
a bank note, for two twenties.
(contributed by Chris Johnston)