Re: corrupt inboxes

2001-10-08 10:45:07
On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 01:44:53PM +0300, urgrue wrote:

there's no NFS. the drives are on a hardware RAID (by 3ware) and
the fs is reiserfs. im upgrading to the latest kernel+3ware
drivers+reiserfs, hopefully that will fix thigns instead of breaking
them.

Enjoy.  I have no experience with Linux; I'm a FreeBSD guy.

so are you implying this happens when two programs are messing with
the mailbox file at the same time?
shouldnt i maybe be looking at the pop _daemon_ not client? i didnt
think the client handled such stuff.

Wups, my mistake.  Yes, POP3 *daemon*.  If procmail is locking by making
/var/mail/$LOGNAME.lock files and your pop3d is using flock(), there can
be problems.

--
  Paul Chvostek
<paul(_at_)it(_dot_)ca>