Re: Re: recipe problem

2001-10-10 23:02:39
* Justin Shore <listuser(_at_)neo(_dot_)pittstate(_dot_)edu> [20011010 18:07]:
writing on the subject 'Re: Re: recipe problem'
| Thanks to all who helped out.  I have a working recipe now.  It's not
| the most streamlined but it works.  I'll hone it later.
| Unfortunately I ran into an MTA problem that will keep this recipe
| from being used.  I wanted to use it to redirect mail from a certain
| SWB DSL customer that is attempting to relay through our server.

Attempting really does not mean he succeeds, no? Firstly why don't you
just block his IP at the MTA level? Secondly, are you being an "Open
Relay"?
At my site, I do use Exim and I can block those people by their IP
or e-mail address. You need to have stringent relay controls on your
MTA but the details are really OT for this list.

| The problem lies with the keyword "relay".  It didn't hit me until I
| tested the script.  Procmail isn't touched unless the delivery
| attempt is local.  All this spam is being relayed through our server
| to points unknown, not local users.  Unless someone has a Sendmail
| trick to take all mail from an IP or From and direct it to a local
| user (so procmail rules apply), I'm SOL.  Nevertheless it was good to
| work up that recipe.  I needed the procmail practice.  Thanks again!

Close the relay in your Sendmail. Else, use procmail as your LDA and it will
handle that person via a global procmailrc.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

What makes information a powerful tool is that others don't have it.
-Scott Manuel