Re: Procmail : Insifficient privileges to deliver

2001-10-16 00:34:43
"Bernabe Gomez Flores" <bernabe(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> writes:
I use epage instead of procmail in sendmail.cf ( Using sendmail 8.9 on Red
Hat 7.0)

Mlocal,         P=/usr/local/epage/epage_m, F=lsDFP, S=10/30, R=20/40,
               T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
               A=/usr/local/epage/epage_m  $w $u -d -u

This can't possibly be correct.  However, the reasons have nothing to
do with procmail and everything to do with epage and sendmail, so they
should be taken to the epage support groups, mailing lists, or whatever.
For starters, consider the question of how sendmail is supposed to
communicate the envelope sender to epage_m.  That's just the tip of the
iceberg; someone who understands sendmail mailer definitions needs to
rewrite that all, possibly after fixing epage's interface to sendmail.

Epage uses a epage.conf file from where it calls sendmail and procmail

epage.cnfg file contents :
/usr/sbin/sendmail
/usr/bin/procmail

How does epage know what arguments to give to procmail?  What user does
it run procmail as?  Real uid or effective uid?  I guess the same goes for
its invoking sendmail but that's a seprate (and non-procmail) question.

I recently upgrade to sendmail 8.11.6 an everytime that my server
(teleradar.net) receives an email, the email is sent it to the pager but not
to the user mailbox.

I checked the maillog and this is what i saw :

Oct  8 12:38:32 radcun procmail[1901]: Insufficient privileges to deliver to
"13294"

Procmail is being passed "13294" on its command line as a username.
That's supposed to mean what?

I tryed modifying sendmail.cf like this :

Mlocal,     P=/usr/local/epage/epage_m, F=lsDFP, S=10/30, R=20/40,
               T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
               A=/usr/local/epage/epage_m  $w $u

and it works !!!

but the mail isn\xB4t delivered to the mailbox

So it works then, except that it doesn't.  How is that any different
than before?

Philip Guenther