Re: Splitting up digests?

2001-10-25 09:08:17
It helps a lot to include more from your rcfile and also the output from
your log when you have set VERBOSE=1 - otherwise you're relying on our
mind-reading skills.

I use Maildir as my mailbox format, and am trying to split up a
digest. Here's the recipe I'm using:

:0:
* ^Sender: owner-mutt-dev-digest(_at_)mutt(_dot_)org
| formail +1 -ds >> listas/mutt-dev/

However, I (quite obviously) get this error:

procmail: Error while writing to " formail +1 -ds >> listas/mutt-dev/"

For one thing, there is a misunderstanding of how Unix filesystems and
shells work - nothing to do with procmail.

'>>' appends the output of a program to a specified file.  You aren't
giving it the name of a file - you're giving it the name of a directory.
This is a Unix thing, not a procmail thing.

Perhaps what you're intending is to have the output of formail be sent
into procmail again and for procmail to do the delivery to a Maildir?
SOmething like...

  | formail +1 -ds procmail procmailmuttdevrc

where 'procmailmuttdevrc' is a procmail rcfile that delivers to your
mutt-dev mailbox.

Hope that helps,
Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</                  PGP key available
    `Procmail Companion'        \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk