Re: Running an executable after delivery?

2001-11-04 20:47:34
On 11/03/01 04:32 PM, Andrew Edelstein sat at the `puter and typed:
. . .

I hate to  just hop in here  with my own issues, but  couldn't this be
used to, say,  play a sound when a message  arrives that meets certain
criteria? Kind of a way to get a new bell (bun intended) from existing
functionality.

. . .

      :0c:
      in-testing/

      :0A
      |/mypath/wget -q http://mydomain.com/myscript.php

. . .

So, it would be something like this:

  :0c:
  in-testing/

  :0A
  * ^Subject:.*thought for the day
  * ^From: .* johnnyboy(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com>
  |/usr/local/bin/waveplay /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/sounds/phone.wav

Assuming the first recipe does the actual deliver to the mailbox. What
about  getting this  done from  a  ~/.procmailrc that  doesn't do  any
actual delivery? Assume the delivery *can't* be done except at the end
of /etc/procmailrc, but the user wants to so something like this - can
it be done before the delivery without boggling the message?

I assume  that would require ommitting  the f flag to  ensure procmail
doesn't use it as a filter?

TIA

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
    -- Fred Allen