Maildir format and procmail

2001-11-05 04:46:10

Hiya.

I'm trying to continue to use sendmail because a number of home-grown
tools edit sendmail's virtusertable file.  But I'm exploring some of the
features in Courier-IMAP, and want to tell procmail where to put its
spool.

Can anyone point me to a quick how-to on setup of maildirs with procmail?
I've reviewed the man pages, FAQs and list archives, but can't find the
magic goo I need to put into my /etc/procmailrc.  Is it as simple as
having a line something like:
        DEFAULT=/var/spool/maildirs/$LOGNAME/
or should I bunt, and put users' mail in their own directories with:
        DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
and then just making damn sure each of those exists before mail gets
sent to it?

Will procmail know to create maildir forlders that don't already exist?
What about the directories inside 'em?

Yes, I'm looking for shortcuts rather than going from scratch with Qmail
and learning a new MTA from the ground up.

Any advice would be appreciated.  ;)

--
  Paul Chvostek
<paul(_at_)it(_dot_)ca>