Re: Trying to bounce mail after-the-fact with procmail/formail

2001-11-06 07:56:26
One tip that wasn't mentioned was ... to have your MTA reprocess every
message in a mailbox based on the header information, you can probably:

# cat mailbox | formail -s sendmail -t

I haven't actually tried this, so you should test this on a small box
of dummy messages to yourself before trying it on the big mailbox.

Oops!  Careful!

"sendmail -t" will cause all those mails in 'mailbox' to be sent to all
the recipients specified in the 'To:' and 'Cc:' lines.  For example, if
'mailbox' contains this message then it would be resent to the procmail
mailing list (from the To: line) and all the people to whom I might've
copied it (from the Cc: line) but not to me (from the From: or Sender:
lines) which is probably where you think you want to send it (although
not really where you want to send it because you really want the lost
envelope information).

Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</                  PGP key available
    `Procmail Companion'        \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk