Failed Filter

2001-11-07 12:35:25
I am writing a filter that will parse the header of a message and
prefix the Subject: with text so that I can quickly scan my inbox and
determine what messages are to be read now or later.  I have the procmail
recipe:

:0f
| subjectfilter

My question is how can I make sure that if the filter fails, that the
message will not be lost.  In doing some tests, I have e-mailed myself and
when the filter would run, it had some simple syntax errors (it is written
in perl) so it never filtered the message, nor did the message arrive in
my /var/mail/mailbox.

What I am looking for is a way to guarentee that the message will still be
delivered even if my filter is hosed.

Thanks,

Justin England                          jengland(_at_)enetis(_dot_)net
Network Administrator
E-Net Information Services              http://www.enetis.net
Tel: 605-341-3638                       Fax: 605-341-8880