Re: get receiver-adress

2001-11-16 10:55:34
At 13:19 2001-11-16 +0100, Jonas Meurer wrote:
Hello,

Hello. You've posted pretty much the same request three times now. Resending it a bunch of times isn't going to change the fact that people here may not be prepared to walk you through the process of dealing with messages which may have long since lost their original envelope addresses. I don't really have the time to deal with this either, but it looks as if you don't get an answer, you're going to keep posting this at least twice a day until you do.

How can I get the receiver adress? The problem is, that mails send to
***(_at_)server0(_dot_)de are forwardet by the provider to gmx,

# host -t MX server0.de
server0.de mail is handled (pri=10) by mailin.webmailer.de

Is this ="gmx", or is this the "provider" that is forwarding to "gmx" ?

and fetchmail fetches the mails from gmx.

Keep in mind that this forum isn't a support forum for fetchmail, so if you have configuration issues with that program, you'll need to check it's documentation for information on where to send queries about it (presuming that you've first read the documentation for it).

Then the mails to *(_at_)server0(_dot_)de are in my mailbox, but I wanna have them send to the local *(_at_)server0(_dot_)de

Your "mailbox" is on server0.de? "local" could mean "local to your network", or "local to this machine".

I've got to wonder why, if there REALLY is a server0.de (and DNS seems to indicate that there is), that you don't just set up a backup MX (mailin.webmailder.de acting as a spool, but not your final mail server, and not forwarding the messages) and use fetchmail to 'tickle' that system with 'ETRN' to pass the messages via E/SMTP directly to server0.de. Procmail doesn't need to be involved with parsing out recipients at all.

I presume that server0.de isn't on a fulltime net connect -- but if you'd just use a ddns service, this wouldn't pose a problem. In fact, if your server were configured to be the primary MX, then if you were online at the time, the mail would actually be delivered directly to you.

It appears to have an A record though, as dig reports:

        server0.de A (Address) 192.67.198.52

It'd provide a direct route for your email, allow your mail to actually arrive via SMTP instead of being "fetched" via POP/IMAP, and would generally be FAR more efficient on network bandwidth consumption.

Also, you will find that you have problems when there are multiple local recipients on a message, and you receive only one copy of the physical message for processing... This is ugly within procmail, which is intended to act as a LOCAL delivery agent, not as an MTA go-between: