Re: Kind of functions in procmail

2001-11-20 07:29:58

"Sean" == Professional Software Engineering
<PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org> writes:

    Sean> You should try giving an example - even if not working - as to what
    Sean> you expect the resulting script might look like.  It clarifies what
    Sean> you're trying to accomplish while at the same time engaging you in
    Sean> the process of learning how you might split the rules into parts --
    Sean> I suspect you knew most of what you were trying to accomplish, but
    Sean> just didn't know the flags (which are all found in 'man procmailrc'.

    Yes I must admit my message was not clear enough ... What I wanted to
    replace was these too many
{
        SPAMREASON="misc rule 1 match ${MATCH}"
        LOG="${SPAMKILLERTAG}: ${SPAMREASON}
"
        :0 fwh
        | ${FORMAIL} -i "${XSPAMKILLERHEADER}: ${SPAMREASON}"
        :0
        ${SPAMFOLDER}
}
    after my filtering rules by a kind of procmail function. I've 10 rules
    that help me remove spams and if the conditions are slightly differents
    all the 10 have the same action part (see above), what I wanted to do is
    to define a kind of function/macro that I'll use in the action part of my
    10 rules. I know the meaning of E and A flags and I know, Paul, the
    testing mechanism on variables but I wanted to keep the efficiency of the
    my current config (the final delivery asap), that's why a function or
    macro would have meet my need perfectly...

    You can check my .procmailrc temporary visible at
    http://www.tls.cena.fr/~boubaker/procmail-spamkiller (any suggestions to
    improve it are greatly welcome too, I'm pretty new at using procmail for
    this purpose - SPAM filtering - and need some more learning)

    sincerely

--
 /   From the last station before the end of the neT   \
 \ Centre d'Etudes de la Navigation Aerienne,  div SSS /