Re: action is not followed?

2001-11-23 00:51:45
At 14:40 2001-11-22 +0100, rene(_at_)xs4all(_dot_)nl wrote:
Hi. Can someone please explain to me why procmail decides to use the last
recipe instead of the recipe that 'hit first'?

Uh, not knowing the specifics of the recipe which was INCLUDERC'd, that's rather difficult to say. The following reply is based on pure conjencture due to this:

# Includes below, in order of likelyhood-of-encounter (CPU-friendly)
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/lists.rc
[snip]

procmail: Assigning
"INCLUDERC=/usr/home/rene/dat/burn/mail.all/procmail/lists.rc"
procmail: Match on "^X-Mailing-List: discussion(_at_)hfh\(_dot_)org"
procmail: No match on "^(To|From)(_dot_)*discussion(_at_)hfh\(_dot_)org"
procmail: No match on "^X-Mailing-List: party(_at_)hfh\(_dot_)org"

You probably have a recipe that looks like:

:0:

Or something similar - you don't provide it, and the logs aren't intended to be used to reconstruct a script, but rather to interpret the flow through one. The first two condition lines are probably in the same rule, and the third might be in a different one (really, if it is in the same one, it should be rewritten -- and the To|From regexp is wrong as well).

*ALL* of the conditions on the separate lines of the recipe must match in order for it to deliver. They're implicitly AND'ed.

If your rule looks like above, try writing it like so:

:0:
discussion-list.mbx

(but, not knowing what the actual messages look like, or what your intent is, this is merely a guess).