procmail delivering multiple messages

2001-11-27 14:45:18
Hi.

i've recently changed around my .procmailrc based on some of what i read
on the "Timo Salmi's procmail tips and recipes" off of procmail.org. and
i've run into some problems.

i used to have procmail searching for certain strings in the headers of
messages and dropping them with rules like this:

:0
* spammers.com
/dev/null

they worked pretty well, but i realized that i may be dropping
legitimate mail with no warning to either myself or the sender, so
i decided to change it so that procmail "bounced" the message back
to the sender with the hopes that legitamate senders would attempt
to contact me in some other way if their mail bounced.

my current .procmailrc file looks like this:
http://www.penguinhosting.net/~derf/procmailrc

as far as i can tell, it's sucessfully bouncing the messages back
(because i got a double-bounce from one of the domains), however
i'm still getting the original message delivered to me.  can anyone
tell me what i'm doing wrong here?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Fred
--
Fred Smith <fps(_at_)dividedsky(_dot_)net>
http://dividedsky.net/