RE: handling cross-posters

2001-11-29 23:55:40
Hmm, I just re-read the original request:

Dave wrote:

When you are on two mailing lists (one filtered to a separate mailbox
but not the other since it is job-critical), how can I prevent
the post going to the filtered mailbox?

In other words, when a post is just to the filtered list,
put it in its mailbox.  When a post is to both lists,
just have it go to $DEFAULT.

To do just what is called out above, it should be fairly simple:

#
# First check that the job-critical list is mentioned.  If it is, deliver to
default,
# and do not filter further.  Alternatively, you could still filter it, and
deliver it
# to the other mail boxes also.
#
#
:0:
* ^TO_high_priority(_at_)codeblue(_dot_)com
$DEFAULT

#
# Now check for the low priority list, and file it.
#
:0:

The "trick" here is the use of the ^TO_ pattern (see procmailrc(5) man
page):

          If the regular expression contains `^TO_' it will be substi-
          tuted by `(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope
          |Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])?)', which
          should catch all destination specifications containing a
          specific address.

Note: no space after the _ in ^TO_