Using alternative passwd files?

2002-07-06 12:08:03
Hi all

I would like procmail to use password files which are kept
in /etc/virtual/<domain_name>/passwd, rather than /etc/passwd.

As far as I can find - and hopefully I've just missed it - this means
hacking into the code before compiling. I was hoping that there
would be something like PASSWD=/foo to put several times in
/etc/procmailrc, but I haven't seen it mentioned.

An alternative is to have it avoid password lookups entirely.

Does anyone have any pointers on this?

TIA

-
Cheers