Re:Quota to send emails.

2002-07-16 10:08:42
At 10:20 AM -0400 7/16/02, Victor Zucarino is rumored to have typed:

I need to configure quota in my procmailrc,

   No, you don't; a "quota" is usually understood to mean a given storage
space. You want to enforce varying size limits on outbound email.

when some users will can
send emails without restricted sizes and others just 120Kb (for
exemple)...

   Hum...send...procmail...doesn't sound like a match, since procmail is
invoked on INBOUND mail, not OUTBOUND mail. If it isn't invoked when a user
sends mail, it would probably not read the /etc/procmailrc file (or user
.procmailrc files, for that matter).

Its possible?

   Doesn't sound reasonable to me. (Anything is, I suppose, possible; since
procmail is open-source, I suppose you could do anything with it if you were
really determined enough to do so...but procmail just doesn't sound like the
right tool for this job.)

         Charlie