Procmail & SPAM POP Server: What rules?

2002-07-18 08:48:32
Hi!

In our environment, the users can read their messages via a windows-like MUA
or Webmail. The MUA can send marked SPAM messages to a different folder, but
the
Webmail we use can't do this, there is only the INBOX folder. People asks us
to put them in another folder with the Webmail also.

Well, we don't want to use another Webmail that can separate things in
folders, so...

The following idea (maybe not so original) got into my mind:

We use SpamAssassin to mark meesages.

Our SpamAssassin only uses site-wide configs with spamc/spamd, and user
prefs with MySQL.

Now, SpamAssassin, detects SPAM and re-writes the subject. I don't want this
anymore, I'd like save the SPAM messages in a mailbox-like folder for every
user. Example:

/var/spool/spam/john
/var/spool/spam/marc
/var/spool/spam/david

Then, I can setup another POP server (at another port, say 1110) that look
at /var/spool/spam, instead of /var/spool/mail. And of course, I will setup
a new Webmail that points to this server. Actually, our webmail allow the
user to choose the server they want to read mail from.

I know how to change things in my POP server, but the procmail rules
necessary to save the messages in separate folders are my problem. I know
nothing about procmail. HELP!

Regards,

Vanner