Re: Newbie: Only allow certain domains

2002-07-27 17:00:39
At 18:10 2002-07-27 -0500, Daniel Hogan did say:
I have been put in charge of setting up a mail server so that students at
a local school can email between the state department ("doe.state.la.us"
domain) and anyone else on the local server (and vice-versa).  Any email
to or from any other domain is not to be allowed.  I assume that this can
be done in Procmail, but have yet to exactly figure out how.  Any
suggestions?

Unless you're doing something very convoluted, procmail is only invoked on RECEIVED email.

You want to check into the MTA (such as sendmail, exim, qmail, etc - whuch you don't identify for us here*), which should be able to be configured to limit domains which it will transfer email to/from. This list really isn't the place to look for configuration support for your MTA in any event.

* from the headers of your message, one might assume you're running "SquirrelMail", which I've never even heard of - so configuration for that is likely to be _very_ specialized.