Re: Auto reply?

2003-04-29 17:51:45
On Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003, at 15:02 Canada/Mountain, Alan Clifford wrote:
In the example given, we are not talking about most people and solicited
mail -  the example cited an unsolicited email to me.  Ok, I wouldn't
object to such an email but it would have been unsolicited.

You asked a question. Someone answered it. If that's not solicited then I don't know what is.

And your system is FAR more involved than any PYLM scheme I've ever seen from anyone else, the vast majority of which are along the lines of "please resend your message with this password" or "Reply to this email to release your email from our suspected spam-holding pens."

But what really makes me cross is the unaddressed rubbish put through my letter box by the postman. I have taken to putting it into pillar boxes.

The only solution to spam will be if everyone stops buying anything they ever see advertised in spam. And that's not going to happen until the collective IQ of the human race jumps 20 points.

--
and I lift my glass to the Awful Truth / which you can't reveal to the Ears of Youth / except to say it isn't worth a dime