Re: Procmail with SpamAssassin and MailScanner

2003-05-11 10:49:55
On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 11:21:04AM +0100, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
.procmailrc

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
| /home/user/sausr/bin/spamassassin

snipped for brevity<

 Under /etc/procmail I have........

#LOGFILE=/tmp/procmail.log
#VERBOSE=yes
SENDER=$1
SHIFT=1
# Until now, mail is untagged, you may add rules for
# mail that must not be tagged

:0 hbfw
| /usr/bin/spamassassin -P

You don't need to pipe it through spamassassin twice. By having it in both
/etc/procmailrc and ~/.procmailrc, you are performing the same action twice,
though with different copies of the spamassassin binary and with different
arguments. You don't need the -P flag. Delivering to STDOUT is the default.
Also, the hb flags in /etc/procmailrc are redundant. This is the default.
Using either flag is only relevant when you want to specify one or the other,
but not both.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       http://andrew.pure-chaos.com/resume.txt

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
I'll get my copy from the list.