Thanks for the response - I've been somewhat overloaded, hence the
On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 10:15 pm, Scott Wiersdorf wrote:
On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:03:05PM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
I've set up two recipes:
(I've also tried the full email addresses debian-user@ and
Logfile output from: tac Procmail/pmlog|less:
Subject: Cron <clive(_at_)apollo> /usr/bin/getmail
This is what procmail is seeing. Check your mail files and you can see
that your subject is not really what you're setting it to.
I guess this is to do with my exim setup. I have a number of email
accounts/addresses/domains that I send and receive mail on.
Originally, I set them up so that exim would relay for all of them but
it meant that I couldn't send messages to others with the same domain
(eg. @clivemenzies.co.uk) so I changed it back to sending from
clive(_at_)apollo which gives rise to the above problem as well as some
messages bouncing because it is treated as an invalid address. I need
to get my head around the mail package relationships and find a better
way of setting it up -not yet a critical task ;-) I'm still using mail
on OSX as a back-up
I tried your suggestion and it hasn't picked anything up. So I'll play
with a few other combinations when I have time, before coming back to
the list. I am aware I need to understand a lot more about the
relationship between mutt, exim, getmail and procmail before I can
really resolve all of this. This is a live environment I'm working on
and so the opportunity to experiment is limited.
I am collecting mail every 10 minutes (cron job) and I've been sending
test messages with the subject " a test 1 " etc.
As for the debian recipe, try removing the wildcard (.*) and '@' sign,
and escape the dots:
Clive Menzies & Associates Limited
strategies for business
procmail mailing list