Re: Sendmail, procmail & quotas

2003-08-26 20:41:49
Thus spake Scott Wiersdorf (scott(_at_)perlcode(_dot_)org) [26/08/03 16:16]:
I'm just giving my observations of how it appears to work (a co-worker
and I dug pretty deep in the source to find this behavior; a few
trusses and lots of logging revealed this behavior).

Hum.  Okay, thanks for the tips.  I guess I'll be playing with this once I
can get a sandbox up and running.

Unfortunately, I don't have any more help than this. I agree that it
would be nice to do both (maybe write your log to a named pipe that is
a tee to a logfile and stderr?), but I haven't thought much more about
it beyond that.

Hmmmm...  I don't see any way to grab any of fd[012] with tee in the man
page, and some quick tests don't show anything obvious.  I seem to remember
procmail doing strange things with no logfile defined, and at the time it
wasn't what I wanted.  Perhaps it's what I want now.