Whatever happened to the "List of Lists"? Is it still around? There used
to be a big web page with sorted lists of email lists and IRC channels. I
can't remember the name of the darn thing.
Anyway, does anyone know of a general list for mail administrators? I work
for a small ISP and I'm trying to build us a better email setup with the
1. Linux based -- we are using a Windows based system now and it's been
pi**ing me off for the last 3 years.
2. Web based admin interface available for our techs to be able to manage
user accounts from their workstations.
3. Ability for users to set up individualized spam control. I can whack
some of the worst offenders using SA with DNSBLs and scoring techniques but
I can't set the filters too tight for fear of false pos.
User spam control should have a web interface
4. Decent webmail interface for users.
5. Prefer to NOT have to have user accounts in /etc/passwd or with local
home directories. They should only have a mail spool folder. MySQL backend
for username/pass would be best. This requirement is what's beating me up
on requirement # 3.
Right now we have about 10,000 to 15,000 email boxes on the server. The
number fluctuates up and down pretty regularly -- but the trend is more
I'm currently looking at XMail <http://www.xmailserver.org/> with UMPL
<http://dev.waaf.net/xmail/> as the web interface and it seems quite nice.
Haven't gotten far enough into it to set up SA or see if individual SA type
spam control will be possible. It has user based block lists built in.
Am still open to other suggestions so I'm looking for a place to discuss
procmail mailing list