.lock file

2004-11-19 08:47:09
Hi,

every few weeks or so, a .lock remains for one special user. I end up with a bunch of waiting processes, which I then kill (it's spam anyway); I also clean /var/spool/mqueue to get rid of them.

That's what I see in the logfile:
procmail: Timeout, was waiting for "/path/to/mbox"
procmail: Forcing lock on "/path/to/mbox"

As said, it happens now and then only. The user in question uses the default MacOS mailclient. Any ideas what could cause this?

Thanks