Re: Domain Keys.

2004-11-19 14:50:15
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:35:04 -0800, Professional Software Engineering
<pse-l(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org> wrote:
At 13:11 2004-11-18 -0800, multimedia-fan(_at_)myrealbox(_dot_)com wrote:
Seeing that Yahoo and Gmail (so far that I know of) have implemented
domain keys and sender verification, has anyone found out a way of
verifying that in procmail or spam assassin?

http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

I haven't looked into it closely, but keep in mind that there are potential
issues with messages which pass through listserves, as well as mail
forwarding services (pobox, ieee, etc).

There are, or rather, can be, issue with mail that is forwarded.
There are not issues with listserves however.

Traditional forwarding relies on a open network with no verification,
and so yes, if a message from A to B is forwarded to C it is possible
for C to say "wait, B is not A" and reject the message.  There are
ways around this, but this amounts to a religious war between people
who insist the old way has to always work and those who believe that
messages that are forwarded should be, in fact, remailed.

I'm not attached to either side, but I think I am willing to forgo
traditional forwarding in exchange for verification on email.

--
 ::::::===   <http://2blog.kreme.com>  ===::::::
 :: Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for  ::