Re: Can't change the Subject:

2005-07-14 04:47:54
Thanks very much for your help.  Whoops, "$FORMAIL" is a variable and
"formail" is a command.  Duh.

Okay, I'm halfway there.  The second method works when I change
$FORMAIL to formail.  But I prefer the first method since it's shorter,
except it still doesn't work.  Here's my new code:

        :0
        * ^Subject:\/.*
        { SUBJECT = $MATCH }

        :0
        * textToMatch
        | formail  -I "Subject: SPAM - $SUBJECT"

That gives the following error in my logfile:

        Folder: formail -I Subject: SPAM -  textToMatch                     998

I verified that I have a pipe character before "formail" and a capital
letter "I" after it.  Any ideas?