Re: \< and \> don't quite make it

2006-09-13 09:28:07
Well, yes, Ruud; the score has already reached supremum, so a weighted
condition is skipped but unweighted conditions must still be satisfied.
  That's in the procmailsc(5) man page.

My experience is that if a weighted condition is not skipped but w=0,
procmail doesn't evaluate the condition but just scores 0 for it and
moves on.  I can't think right now how to demonstrate that.  Maybe a
negated exit code test, something like

* 0^5 ? ! echo "w=0 but procmail tried it anyway" >&2

On the other hand, a non-negated exit code condition like

* 0^5 ? false

should be tried anyway, shouldn't it?  Not up to it myself this morning,
maybe another time.