Re: Filtering Attachments directed outside de company for some users

2006-11-02 14:40:34
At 15:55 2006-11-02 -0500, Gustavo Villaran wrote:
im not relaying, is just for security reasons

the general manager have asked me to block every attachment of certain
group of people when this messages go outside the company...thats all.

Ah.  Mail originating within your network, destined for users on your net
as well as outside of it.

Procmail isn't really the correct tool for this, because the messages
destined for outside users won't pass through the LDA.  Ironically, the one
class of users you're saying you'd leave the messages unaltered for is the
one class of recipients which you COULD run procmail easily for.

You should investigate sendmail "milters".

Note that unless your network is firewalling SMTP traffic, if you have
users sending attachments outside of the company, they can easily do so by
specifying an external SMTP server to send their mail through.