Great stuff

2004-01-06 13:14:07
I love the idea, and just put SPF records in all my domains. Not like I have a lot of users (just me and the wife!), but I've noticed lately a lot of bounces from spammers forging email address from a couple of my domains, and this *may* cut down on some of those.

Next step - start using SPF filtering to reduce spam. As soon as I get qpsmtpd working :)

I can't wait until everyone fixes SMTP everywhere so I don't have to resort to challenge/response spam killing like I do now. Probably what I'll do for now is let in everything which gets a "pass" from SPF, and challenge all "unknown"s and "fail"s. Maybe eventually I'll start dropping all "fail"s.

Keep up the good work and advocacy. I'd love to see aol/excite/yahoo/hotmail/microsoft/wanadoo.fr (and my own ISP, too!) implement this :) I'm going to suggest to my two main local ISPs (sasktel.net and shaw.ca) that they look into getting SPF going. I suppose once they do I'll have to change how I do forwarding locally, but that's okay with me.

--
Jim Ramsay