Re: Welcome new subscribers. I have a dream.

2004-01-11 21:18:27
In
<200401120351(_dot_)58753(_dot_)dan(_at_)boresjo(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
Dan Boresjo <dan(_at_)boresjo(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

On Monday 12 January 2004 2:36 am, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
[...]                                      Domains that cannot provide
this kind of functionality to their users should not publish SPF records.

I thought they would publish records which default to 'unknown' whilst
designating any known 'official' MTA hosts as 'pass'

Yes, to be precise, Meng should have said that such domains owners
should not publish *restrictive* SPF records.

It is, of course, perfectly valid to publish SPF records that say
"Hey, *any* can use this domain name, just stop hitting on my DNS
server!" (e.g. "v=spf1 +all"), or publish SPF records that are used to
track the (questionable) use of a domain name, etc.

-wayne