CNAMEs

2004-01-22 07:26:07
I find CNAME talk in the draft (spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com) to
be a little
on the light side. It talks about "followed in the usual way". But it is
unclear if this relates to SPF lookup or IP number lookup during MX/A/PTR
testing.

I would like to know if this means I do not have to list SPF records for
my CNAMEs, like I have to for my A records. Will any CNAME be followed and
the SPF record found for the target A record be used?

Henrik